Welcome to the site of Thumbs Up Charitable Trust
Our vision:A full and fulfilling life for every individual
Our Mission: Enable adults with intellectual disabilities to actively engage in the full life of their community, through participation, contribution and meaningful and respectful relationships with others.
Thumbs Up Trust was established to support the needs, aspirations and on-going development of young people with intellectual and physical disabilities to enable them to:
- Actively participate in the life of their community and gain enjoyment from its facilities
- Learn and develop new skills
- Engage in a range of cultural, artistic, recreational and leisure activities
- Develop friendships and a sense of belonging to a community
- Contribute in a meaningful and positive way to their community
- Feel valued and enjoy a sense of achievement from meeting challenges
Thumbs Up Charitable Trust fosters the above objectives through Thumbs Up service which provides day programmes for a group of young disabled people based in Thumbs Up Hall in Petone.
Read our strategic plan by clicking below.